Wednesday 1 April 2009

At the doctor's.

I was standing in the street this morning outside a doctor’s surgery; I was waiting for an elderly patient to take her back home.

Out came an impeccably dressed old gentleman. He was wearing a three-piece tweed suit, a heavy overcoat, a hat, and carrying an umbrella. The sort of old gentleman you only get to meet in Britain I suppose.

He stopped on the sidewalk, looked left and right in puzzlement, then said to me: “I can’t remember where I left my car !!!”

I smiled and said jokingly: “You haven’t left it at home, have you?”

“Ah … !!!” he replied, “now you mention it; yes I have. It’s such a nice day, I thought the walk would do me good. Cheerio !!!”

And he walked away happily.

A few minutes later another old man came our of the doctor’s.

“Hmmm …” he said, “the doctor told me I’m overweight and my blood pressure is high. He suggested I get some exercise. He said I should do something every week that leaves me slightly out of breath. I think I’ll take up smoking again!”

And he walked away chortling to himself.

It’s not often I’m entertained by elderly people. May God bless them and all senior folks.

2 comments:

  1. I was at the doctor's today also. However, I didn't have such a good experience - I witnessed a son giving his elderly mother a hard time and then being all lovey dovey to her in front of the doctor. :<

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad when people don't respect their elderly parents.

    I hope you're keeping well.

    Vic M

    ReplyDelete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.