Monday 20 April 2009

Enjoy Life.

Today I took the car for its annual maintenance service. As it was a beautiful, warm sunny day, I decided to leave the car at the service garage and walk the couple of miles or so home. They’d phone me later when the car is ready for collection.

As I walked slowly down the hill I took time to gaze at the many houses in the street on my way home.

Some were big and modern, others more compact and a few years older. I stopped every so often and looked pensively at the gardens and mentally gave each garden points on how it was maintained and looked after.

There was a garden full of lavender which attracted several bees – it smelled wonderful. In another garden I saw a bird with a small twig in its beak – no doubt building a nest somewhere. I really enjoyed myself on my way back home.

I realized that although I had driven up and down this hill for years I never noticed the beautiful houses and their gardens. You miss so much when you’re in a hurry and concentrating on something else.

Just like life really. We’re so busy these days just to keep up with living that perhaps we forget to live.

There’s so much that God has placed on this earth for us to enjoy and we just ignore them in pursuit of our individual lifestyles.

1 comment:

  1. This post reminds me of something the Lord showed me earlier today... ; D

    ReplyDelete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.