Friday 18 September 2009

Are you a slum?



Given a free choice, where would you rather live? In an immaculately beautiful, well-decorated, and fully appointed with every modern convenience, luxurious house in a well-sought after area of town.

Or in a decrepit, run-down, dirty, unkempt hovel, not worthy to shelter a cockroach?

Or would you prefer a house built on solid foundations and strong enough, but requiring a little care and attention and a bit of maintenance here and there?

When Jesus was raised to Heaven He sent us His Holy Spirit to dwell within us and to guide us throughout life. I mean this quite literally; not as a figure of speech.

What home does He find in us?

A pious, obedient, prayerful, loving, caring and welcoming soul?

Or a rebellious, self-assured, defiant, insolent and un-believing one?

Or are we perhaps, like most Christians, well-meaning believers, but what a realtor estate agent would describe as: “I believe, Lord; help my unbelief” (Mark 9:24) type of person?

The sort of person whose foundations are solid enough but whose structures often have to withstand the rigours of battering which life’s storms and thunders throws our way. And we don't fare well in such circumstances.

Is our soul welcoming enough for our Lord to dwell within us, albeit badly in need of a lick of paint here and there and a little attention which prayerful devotion would soon restore?

The Lord often knocks at our door. He may not find us all spick-and-span and immaculate but at least may He find us with good honest intentions. Ready to recognize our failings and willing to put them right for His sake and in thanksgiving for what He has done for us.

“Listen! I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come into his house and eat with him, and he will eat with me.” Revelation 3:20.

“How much more, then, will the Father in Heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!” Luke 11:13.

3 comments:

  1. Hello! I found you're blog.

    How to co-mingle with the Perfect Creator of the universe. The answer is found on www.netzarim.co.il ; the page "Christians".

    Anders Branderud

    ReplyDelete
  2. From one Victor to another, thanks for visiting my blog and for your email.

    I hope that God takes possession of all my cells and I honestly believes that He has and is doing sow every day and someday each and every one of our eternal loving cells will be able to profit from "IT" all according to Our Heavenly Father's Plan.

    Thanks Again,

    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Victor,

    I visited your Blog but it does not have the facility to enter comments on the Blog itself.

    Hope you visit here often.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.