Saturday 30 April 2016

TRUST

In every situation of Trust there is always the risk of betrayal. Whether it is a friendship, a business partnership, a marriage or whatever; in every circumstance where two or more people trust each other there is always the risk that someone will betray that trust.

We all know about the greatest betrayal ever – Judas betraying Jesus with a kiss.

So what are we to do? Not trust anyone ever and go through life suspecting everyone. This would be impossible and would jeopardize our every relationship.

We have to accept that with trust we become a little more vulnerable and susceptible to abuse of that trust. It’s a risk we take as we journey through life.

With one important exception:

“Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me.” John 14:1 NIV.

8 comments:

  1. I have rolling trust around in my noggin, Victor. A DEEP subject. Thank you for your comments. I believer that old saying, "Nothing ventured, nothing gained" might hold true!
    Blessings, Friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes, Lulu, we know in our hearts who to really trust.

      God bless you.

      Delete
  2. Jesus teaches us how to handle our trust issues. For the more we trust Him, the more wisdom He gives us concerning the relationship, workplace, decision making challenges we face.

    Thanks for this, Victor. Weekend blessings to you ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true Linda. Somehow, we need to learn how to really really trust Him.

      Hope you have a splendid weekend.

      God bless.

      Delete
  3. There is that word again! Oh, dear Lord! He is surely teaching us about trust in this current season of life. Thank you, Victor, for being such a dear encouragement and support and friend to us and for this uplifting post. Jesus is absolutely worthy of our complete trust, and He is a Friend Who sticks closer than any brother or anyone else in this life. I so appreciate the reminder. God bless you abundantly for the blessing you are to us and so many others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, Cheryl. Indeed, when things go wrong in our lives, or perhaps when we're confused and don't know how to move on; our trust in Him is all that's required. That and patience. He will come to our aid and guide us.

      God bless you and yours.

      Delete
  4. Hi Victor! How I love the Divine Mercy icon...I just love it.
    Trust issues? Oh man, I am still trying to be the trusting daughter he wants me to be. You are so right with that thought about walking on water. What else do I need him to do before I'll throw myself totally at his feet?
    I feel like I'm a life-in-progress.
    Blessings,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're not alone Ceil. We all have difficulties with trust at times. I know I try my best to believe, but doubts often set in.

      God bless you and your family.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.