Saturday 13 August 2016

Doubts

Doubts are necessary to strengthen our Faith.

When God asked us to love Him, He didn’t want to force us in anyway. He wanted us to choose freely whether to love Him or not.

That’s why He allows doubts to creep in our minds from time to time. They help us to get to know Him better. We ask questions, we learn from the answers we find, we get closer to Him. Just like any other relationship; the more you know about the other person the closer you get to him or her.

Of course, too much doubt can make us lose our Faith altogether. The devil would be glad of that. That’s why he plays with our doubts and adds more to them; in order to confuse us and lead us astray.

We must learn to control our doubts, and use them to our benefit not the devil’s. When we have doubts about our Faith, we should not fear them but we should pray for guidance from our Lord.

"I believe, Lord; help my unbelief." Mark 9:24.

4 comments:

  1. My doubts do not usually concern God--they concern me.
    Blessings, My Friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never doubt yourself, Lulu. He cares for you and that should be enough.

      God bless.

      Delete
  2. Well-spoken, my friend. I never thought of the fact that doubts help to strengthen our faith, but it is true. I often pray that prayer for the Lord to help my unbelief. I WANT to believe...it is the "sight" that gets in the way of believing God. To walk by faith, and not by sight, takes a very concentrated effort...to not be discouraged by the lack of change around us, etc. Thank you for always being an encouragement, Victor. God bless you always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right, Cheryl. We need to walk by faith and not by sight. Thank you.

      God bless you and yours.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.