Saturday 9 September 2017

Beware of stubbornness

It is said that Moses took 40 years to travel from Egypt through the desert to the Promised Land. Considering the distance involved this must have been incompetence to the highest degree … perhaps he was going round in circles.

I reckon that unbeknown to him, Mrs Moses was asking for directions secretly and, when appropriate, she pointed him in the right way to go.

Being a woman, she allowed him to take all the credit for getting there at last.

Moral of the story:

Never rely on what you think you know. Always consider the possibility that you may be wrong. (Especially if your wife tells you so).

Another moral of the story:

How often do we do as God tells us?

4 comments:

  1. For CERTAIN, I don't listen to Him enough! Stubborn!
    Blessings,My Friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Victor! Wonderful advice about being humble. I can think of many times where I thought I knew the answers, only to be embarrassingly corrected. Lord, help me learn to keep my mouth shut, or, if I think I know something, let people know it's only what I understand it to be.

    That would be a wonderful gift.
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Ceil,

      How nice to see you visiting me again. I hope and pray you and your family are well.

      God bless you and yours.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.